JSFEE 4th Term
First Call for Applications for International Collaborative Research Projects 2021-2023 (ICREP)
August 22nd, 2021
Outline: The Japanese Society for Environmental Education (JSFEE) is calling for international collaborative research proposals on environmental education for the accounting years 2021 and 2022 (July 2021 to June 2023). Proposals will be examined by the Board of Directors and adopted proposals will be deemed JSFEE international research projects for the accounting years 2021 and 2022. Application guidelines are as given below.
JSFEE International Environmental Education Collaborative Research Projects
Dr. Kimiharu TO (Aomori University)
tokim <at> aomori-u.ac.jp
Dr. Sachi NINOMIYA-LIM (Tokai University)
sachinl <at> tokai.ac.jp
1. An international collaborative research project goes beyond the framework of individual countries and is conducted jointly by two or more researchers. The proposals called for this time are for a period of two years (July 2021 to June 2023), consisting of the following four stages: (1) Adoption of the submitted proposal, (2) Recruitment of collaborative researchers based on the adopted proposal, (3) Implementation of the collaborative research, and (4) Presentation and sharing of the research outcomes. As for sharing the research outcomes, all the researchers will be eligible to submit research findings to the special feature issue “Environmental Education in Asia, Vol. 4” of the academic society journal Japanese Journal of Environmental Education (an English language online journal scheduled for publication in June 2023). (The submission deadline is June 2022. Papers will be peer reviewed. Please refer to separate guidelines for submissions and authors.)
2. The purpose of international collaborative research project is to increase a body of knowledge through comparisons of environmental education conducted in each of the researchers’ different countries, or to discover new outlooks by having researchers from different countries participate in observation and analysis of the environmental education being conducted in one country.
3. Proposals for international collaborative research project may be initiated and submitted by any person, but the submission must be accompanied by a recommendation from one person who is a JSFEE director, representative, committee member (a person who has been issued with a letter of appointment from the Chairman), or a member of the JSFEE International Collaborative Research Advisory Committee.
4. For collaborative research project to begin promptly, the deadline for proposal submission shall be October 15, 2021. The recruitment will be conducted through the four academic associations with which JSFEE has agreements or through participants in past JSFEE research projects. A research project team consisting of the person submitting the proposal and the joint researchers will be formed. If, however, formation of the research team is, for some reason, found not to be possible, or if the research is suspended while still being implemented, JSFEE will delete that research project from the list.
5. English will be used as the official language in all communications regarding international collaborative research projects. The use of other languages is acceptable for supplementary purposes.
6. More than one joint researcher from any particular country may participate in one research project. In addition, one researcher may submit more than one proposal.
7. JSFEE will not bear the necessary costs of adopted international collaborative research projects. However, JSFEE will bear the costs of publication of JJEE-EEA, the journal for public presentation of research outcomes.
8. Applicants should submit proposals in the following format to the email address shown below by October 15, 2021
The application should consist of the following items.
The application will be accepted in either Japanese or English. Kindly understand that if you submit your application in Japanese, it will be necessary to resubmit the application in English following adoption of the proposal.
A. Name, affiliation and position of applicant
B. Title of research (tentative)
C. Overview of the research, not to exceed 300 words
D. Roles of the joint researchers, expected number of joint researchers, and the names of countries if the applicant wishes to have researchers from particular countries. (If a sufficient number of joint researchers are already available and it is not possible for new researchers to be accepted into the project, please state so.)
E. Names of joint researchers (If some joint researchers are already committed to the project, please give their names and affiliations. If no joint researchers have yet been found, please leave this space blank.)
F. Name of person recommending the proposal.